A SAS Outstanding Xfer_RDY Question.

Nixon, Bob Bob.Nixon at emulex.com
Mon Jun 30 16:12:07 PDT 2003

* "Nixon, Bob" <Bob.Nixon at Emulex.Com>
*
Thanks, Rob, "misplaced" was exactly our concern...I didn't want to polish
this tu...rkey, I wanted to simply and reliably disable it.

I appreciate your confirmation that a first burst is not very useful and add
that supporting all the possible pathological behavior in a multi initiator
environment, where it MAY change unpredictably, makes it exceedingly
expensive in code complexity.  That's why I was looking for a cheap reliable
way for us transport providers to be SURE it didn't apply.  The mode page
alone doesn't give any way to assure that since it is changeable by an
uncontrolled population of other initiators (and by the target itself, for
that matter).

It's possible I'm missing some important point...Is there already a way for
an initiator to opt out of first burst behavior independent of what other
initiators choose?  (Or am I misinterpreting that the first burst size is
writable by initiators?)

   - Bob