A SAS Outstanding Xfer_RDY Question.

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Fri Jun 27 12:36:47 PDT 2003

Yes, there is only one at a time since we restricted data transfers to
"monotonically increasing, adjoining" or "sequential buffer access" in
SAM-3 terms.

We would need full random buffer access (modify data pointer)
functionality for multiple XFER_RDYs for one command to make sense.  The
current transport layer retry proposal allows going back to the point of
an error, but doesn't open the door for completely random access.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org