A SAS Outstanding Xfer_RDY Question.

Sheffield, Robert L robert.l.sheffield at intel.com
Fri Jun 27 12:43:41 PDT 2003

* "Sheffield, Robert L" <robert.l.sheffield at intel.com>
*
I didn't see this the last time I looked into the question, but it does look like only one XFER_RDY can be outstanding at a time. I looked into it before because of a question about the first burst transfer, and what sort of timeout might occur in case the first burst never completes. I assumed that since the first burst is an implicit XFER_RDY, that the timeout would be the same whether it's the first burst or a transfer associated with an explicit XFER_RDY (the Initiator Response Timeout timer). What I'm left wondering now is if the target must wait for the first burst transfer to complete before sending the first XFER_RDY? Is that the intent, and is is stated anywhere?

Bob Sheffield