A SAS Outstanding Xfer_RDY Question.

Evans, Mark Mark_Evans at maxtor.com
Fri Jun 27 10:18:15 PDT 2003

* "Evans, Mark" <Mark_Evans at maxtor.com>
*
Hello,

Your understanding is correct.  There may only be one XFER_RDY outstanding
for any one command at any time.  This is specified in the third paragraph
of clause 10.2.1.8 Receive Data-Out transport protocol service:

A device server shall not call Receive Data-Out () for a given I_T_L_Q nexus
until Data-Out Received () has completed successfully for the previous
Receive Data-Out () call (i.e., no XFER_RDY frame until all write DATA
frames for the previous XFER_RDY frame, if any, and has provided link layer
acknowledgement for all of the previous write DATA frames for that I_T_L_Q
nexus).

We could probably make this wording more clear, but there it is.

Regards,

Mark Evans
Maxtor Corporation