SAS revision 4 errata

Jim.Coomes at seagate.com Jim.Coomes at seagate.com
Mon Jun 23 14:40:27 PDT 2003

* Jim.Coomes at seagate.com
*
Rob,

You are right. I missed the SP1 State.

The corrected fix to the problem I raised is just an editorial change.

The fix is as Mark's suggestion:

Change: transition 6.7.3.3.3

To: Transition SP2:OOB_NoCOMSASTimeout to SP4:OOB_COMSAS

Jim

----- Forwarded by Jim Coomes/Seagate on 06/23/03 04:27 PM -----

                      "Elliott, Robert
                      (Server Storage)"        To:       <Jim.Coomes at seagate.com>, <t10 at t10.org>
                      <Elliott at hp.com>         cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: SAS revision 4 errata
                      owner-t10 at t10.org
                      No Phone Info
                      Available

                      06/23/03 03:28 PM

There's one other exit arc in the bottom left you might have missed.
COMINIT Transmitted causes a transition from SP0 into SP1.  SP1
looks for both COMSAS Detected and COMINIT Detected.

> Suggested Fix:
> Change 6.7.3.3.3 to:
> "Transition SP2:OOB_NoCOMSATimeout to SP0:OOB_COMINIT"
>
> Change figure to reflect this change:
> Delete arrow SP2 to SP4,
> Add arrow SP2 to SP0 with COMINIT Detected.

I agree with Mark's suggestion - only the typo from SP3 to SP4
needs to change.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org