SAS revision 4 errata

Evans, Mark Mark_Evans at maxtor.com
Mon Jun 23 10:50:24 PDT 2003

* "Evans, Mark" <Mark_Evans at maxtor.com>
*
Hi Jim,

I agree that the transition named in 6.7.3.3.3 (Transition
SP2:OOB_NoCOMSASTimeout to SP3:OOB_AwaitCOMINIT_Sent) is incorrect.
However, I think the only change that's necessary is to change the name of
this subclause to 6.7.3.3.3 Transition SP2:OOB_NoCOMSASTimeout to
SP4:OOB_COMSAS where the transition arrow in Figure 67 alread goes.

You wrote, "A transition to SP4:OOB_COMSAS is a problem for the attached
phy. It may
have completed a Hot-plug timeout and transitioned to SP0: COMINIT."  I
don't see how that could happen.  What should have happened to get to
SP2:OOB is:

a) the port sent a COMINIT;
b) the port received a COMINIT;
c) the port sent a COMSAS; and
d) the port timed out waiting for a COMSAS.

When in the SP2:OOB state, one of two things should happen:  the device
receives a COMINT, or the hot-plug timer expires.  When the timer expires,
think the change I'm recommending is the correct one.

Regards,

Mark Evans
Maxtor Corporation