Persistent Reservation typo in SPC-3 r13

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 2 17:26:38 PDT 2003

* George Penokie <gop at us.ibm.com>
*

Charles,

The areas you pointed out are correct. There are two different fields; one
is called RESERVATION  KEY and the other SERVICE ACTION RESERVATION KEY.
Both of these are fields in the service actions listed in the area you
pointed out. Also the other change you suggest on d) is not correct. The
name of the service action is "REGISTER". It is not the name of a field in
a service action or parameter list.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

                      "Binford,
                      Charles"                 To:       Ralph Weber <ralphoweber at compuserve.com>
                      <Charles.Binford@        cc:       T10 at t10.org
                      sun.com>                 Subject:  Persistent Reservation typo in SPC-3 r13
                      Sent by:
                      owner-t10 at t10.org

                      06/02/2003 04:03
                      PM

Ralph,  I believe we need a wording tweak in section 5.5.2.7.1 of SPC-3r13
(page 68).

** From SPC-3 **
An application client may remove registrations by issuing one of the
following commands through a registered I_T
nexus with the RESERVATION KEY field set to the reservation key value that
is registered for the I_T_L nexus:

a) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with PREEMPT service action with the
RESERVATION KEY field
set to the reservation key (see 5.5.2.7.4) to be removed;

b) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with PREEMPT AND ABORT service action
with the RESERVATION
KEY field set to the reservation key (see 5.5.2.7.5) to be removed;

c) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with CLEAR service action (see
5.5.2.7.6); or

d) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with REGISTER service action or
REGISTER AND IGNORE
EXISTING KEY service action with the service action RESERVATION KEY field
set to zero (see 5.5.2.7.3).
****
In cases a), and b) it says:
" ..with the RESERVATION KEY field set.. "
but I think it should have the words "service action" in there like so:
" ..with the SERVICE ACTION RESERVATION KEY field set.. "

And in case d), the words "service action" are there, but they are not in
the small caps font so it is easy to mis-read the field name.

I assume this is straight forward enough I don't need to bring anything to
the July CAP meeting on this subject.  If you (or anyone) disagrees with
this assumption, please let me know and I'll be happy to write up, and
bring to CAP, something more formal.

Thanks,

Charles Binford
Sun Microsystems