Persistent Reservation typo in SPC-3 r13

Binford, Charles Charles.Binford at sun.com
Mon Jun 2 14:03:05 PDT 2003

* "Binford, Charles" <Charles.Binford at Sun.COM>

--Boundary_(ID_G2aKGrwppoiYXFXC7fTAqw)

Ralph,  I believe we need a wording tweak in section 5.5.2.7.1 of
SPC-3r13 (page 68).

** From SPC-3 **
An application client may remove registrations by issuing one of the
following commands through a registered I_T
nexus with the RESERVATION KEY field set to the reservation key value
that is registered for the I_T_L nexus:

a) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with PREEMPT service action with the
RESERVATION KEY field
set to the reservation key (see 5.5.2.7.4) to be removed;

b) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with PREEMPT AND ABORT service
action with the RESERVATION
KEY field set to the reservation key (see 5.5.2.7.5) to be removed;

c) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with CLEAR service action (see
5.5.2.7.6); or

d) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with REGISTER service action or
REGISTER AND IGNORE
EXISTING KEY service action with the service action RESERVATION KEY
field set to zero (see 5.5.2.7.3).
****
In cases a), and b) it says:
" ..with the RESERVATION KEY field set.. "
but I think it should have the words "service action" in there like so:
" ..with the SERVICE ACTION RESERVATION KEY field set.. "

And in case d), the words "service action" are there, but they are not
in the small caps font so it is easy to mis-read the field name.

I assume this is straight forward enough I don't need to bring anything
to the July CAP meeting on this subject.  If you (or anyone) disagrees
with this assumption, please let me know and I'll be happy to write up,
and bring to CAP, something more formal.

Thanks,

Charles Binford
Sun Microsystems
316.315.0382 x222

--Boundary_(ID_G2aKGrwppoiYXFXC7fTAqw)

Persistent Reservation typo in SPC-3 r13 Ralph,  I believe we need a wording tweak in section 5.5.2.7.1 of SPC-3r13 (page 68).
** From SPC-3 **
An application client may remove registrations by issuing one of the following commands through a registered I_T
nexus with the RESERVATION KEY field set to the reservation key value that is registered for the I_T_L nexus: a) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with PREEMPT service action with the RESERVATION KEY field
set to the reservation key (see 5.5.2.7.4) to be removed; b) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with PREEMPT AND ABORT service action with the RESERVATION
KEY field set to the reservation key (see 5.5.2.7.5) to be removed; c) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with CLEAR service action (see 5.5.2.7.6); or d) A PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT command with REGISTER service action or REGISTER AND IGNORE
EXISTING KEY service action with the service action RESERVATION KEY field set to zero (see 5.5.2.7.3).
****
In cases a), and b) it says:
; ..with the RESERVATION KEY field set.. ;
but I think it should have the words ;service action; in there like so:
; ..with the SERVICE ACTION RESERVATION KEY field set.. ; And in case d), the words ;service action; are there, but they are not in the small caps font so it is easy to mis-read the field name. I assume this is straight forward enough I don't need to bring anything to the July CAP meeting on this subject.  If you (or anyone) disagrees with this assumption, please let me know and I'll be happy to write up, and bring to CAP, something more formal. Thanks, Charles Binford
Sun Microsystems
316.315.0382 x222

--Boundary_(ID_G2aKGrwppoiYXFXC7fTAqw)--