SAS editor's meeting agenda
Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)
Elliott at hp.com
Tue Jan 28 07:45:02 PST 2003
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Elliott, Robert (Server Storage)" <Elliott at hp.com>
SAS editor's meeting
1. SMP PHY CONTROL PPTV and programmable link rate fields
a) new phy operation to write
b) make 0h mean "maintain"
c) add write enable bits for each field
2. Section 9.2.1 SSP frame format TARGET PORT TRANSFER TAG field
SSP target ports may use this field in incoming DATA frames
to establish write data context and
shall ignore this field in all incoming frames other
than DATA frames.
The last part of that sentence has raised some complaints:
a) shall ignore this field vs.
b) may ignore this field
If b) is chosen, we have to pick the sense key/additional sense code
and add support for detecting this error to the SSP transport
layer state machine and the error handling discussions in
chapters 9 and 10.
3. Port layer rewrite
A proposal has been made to simplify the timer description
by making the timers inexact (they won't measure exactly what
they're supposed to measure).
4. Transport layer retries
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
Hewlett-Packard Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10