SAS Target port transfer tag and first burst DATA frames

Evans, Mark Mark_Evans at maxtor.com
Thu Jan 23 08:12:25 PST 2003

* "Evans, Mark" <Mark_Evans at maxtor.com>
*
Ultimately, I don't care about additional requirements that we place on
initiators (ha!), but I don't think this is an issue one way or the other.
The target should know the context of "first burst" DATA frames it receives
based on the value in the TAG field.  However, if we do require the
initiator to set the value in this field, we SHALL NOT require the target to
check the value.

Regards,

Mark Evans
Maxtor Corporation