SAS Target port transfer tag and first burst DATA frames

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Wed Jan 22 16:03:03 PST 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C272.CC6AE631

The SAS protocol WG decided to relax the rules on the TARGET PORT
TRANSFER TAG so the target and initiator can choose any value they want
outside of XFER_RDY frames and write DATA frames in response to =
XFER_RDY
frames.

Should we require the initiator set the target port transfer tag to any
particular value (e.g. FFFFh) for write DATA frames that contain first
burst data?  If we don't, this feature will be unusable for targets
using first bursts (since the initiator could choose a value that
matches one of the target's XFER_RDY-indicated tags).

--=20
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com=20
Hewlett-Packard Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology=20
 <https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott>
https://ecardfile.com/id/RobElliott=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C272.CC6AE631

SAS Target port transfer tag and first burst DATA frames The SAS protocol WG decided to relax = the rules on the TARGET PORT TRANSFER TAG so the target and initiator = can choose any value they want outside of XFER_RDY frames and write = DATA frames in response to XFER_RDY frames. Should we require the initiator set = the target port transfer tag to any particular value (e.g. FFFFh) for = write DATA frames that contain first burst data?  If we don't, = this feature will be unusable for targets using first bursts (since the = initiator could choose a value that matches one of the target's = XFER_RDY-indicated tags). --
Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com