about the SAS XL state machine

Shogo Hamasaku hamasaku at d1.hw.necst.nec.co.jp
Tue Dec 9 16:45:05 PST 2003

* "Shogo Hamasaku" <hamasaku at d1.hw.necst.nec.co.jp>
*
Dear Elliott and everyone,

Even if we don't concern the case of the racing between
transitions and messages, the racing between Transmit Open
and the Request Path happens. Is it same (doesn't concerned
in the standard)?
If so, do you think it should be up to HW designer that
to add some ideas(insert the new state or new transitions?)
to prevent the deadlock?

  Transmit Open indi.(from another XL) ________/~~~~~~~

             Request Path req.(to ECM) ________/~~~~~~~

                    XL state (phy [Y]) _XL0__||__XL1___