Regarding MMC4 01g
mike at yfl.fujitsu.com
Sun Apr 6 19:21:37 PDT 2003
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Mike Ito <mike at yfl.fujitsu.com>
Hi Bill McFerrin, how are you doing ? This is Ito of Fujitsu.
Now, I have one comment for mmc4 document.
MMC4 01g MultiMedia Command Set - 4 (MMC-4) Bill McFerrin PDF (2753278) 2003/03/06
- mmc4r01g.pdf page240 says;
Multi-Media Logical Units shall ignore the disable block descriptors
(DBD) bit. Multi-Media Logical Units do not return Block Descriptors.
==> This is not good idea.
1. A lot of devices by which DBD is returned are circulating to the market
2. Other OS and the application to expect BD to return exist.
3. There is no problem because BIOS can correctly acquire data even if the
device responds BD or not.
When did you change it ? Bestway is to fix same as Mt.Fuji documentation for it
or previous if it's possible. Please verify Fuji documentation.
And why change it, please let me know.
Masahiro Ito, Yamagata Fujitsu Limited
E-Mail:mike at yfl.fujitsu.com
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10