Parity Handling in MSG-IN

Monterrosa, Jorge Jorge_Monterrosa at adaptec.com
Thu Sep 26 05:47:07 PDT 2002

* "Monterrosa, Jorge" <Jorge_Monterrosa at adaptec.com>
*
I have two questions in regard to parity handling: The first question is:
Reading some SCSI books I found that if  a parity error condition occurs in
MSG-IN phase the initiator must inform the target of the parity error by
asserting the ATN signal and issuing MSG-OUT 09  and the target should
re-send the byte after the MSG-OUT phase. My question is where does the SCSI
spec mention that statement.
The second question is: if the target wrongly reports the parity by issuing
a check condition, how does the initiator has to react to the incorrect
respond from the target.

Thanks.

Jorge Monterrosa
FTL Adaptec Corp.