ADI Draft Agenda for 11/5/2002 Posted
Paul.A.Suhler at seagate.com
Paul.A.Suhler at seagate.com
Thu Oct 31 10:50:05 PST 2002
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Paul.A.Suhler at seagate.com
I've just posted the draft agenda for Tuesday's ADI working group meeting.
It's reproduced as text-only below.
QLogic is trying to arrange for a speaker phone and may also be able to
arrange a conference number to call. Lee Jesionowski would be dialing in.
Michael Banther will not be able to attend, but if he can call in then we
can move his agenda items to the top of the list, as it will be late
afternoon in the UK.
When I have a final word on the dial-in, I'll send e-mail to the reflector.
Automation/Drive Interface (ADI) Working Group
Ad Hoc Meeting
November 5, 2002 -- Huntington Beach, CA
9:00 AM -- 5:00 PM PDT
0. A speaker phone and conference number may be available for dial-in.
Information will be distributed via T10 e-mail reflector.
1. Introductions: Group
2. Call for secretary: Paul
3. Approval of this agenda: 02-412r0 Paul
4. Approval of previous meeting minutes: Paul
a. 09/10/2002 meeting minutes 02-328r0
b. 10/03/2002 conference call minutes 02-401r0
5. Review of action items: secretary
1. Find a permanent secretary for this committee.
2. Paul Entzel will post a message to the reflector to request start
of frame characters.
3. Bob Griswold to include existing proposals and updates noted in
these minutes in ADC document by one week before next meeting
4. Michael Banther to produce a proposal for device server interaction
section in ADC document.
5. Paul Suhler to update section 4.2.1 of the ADC document.
6. Each of us to investigate possibility of participation in joint
development of an emulation/test tool.
7. Rod Wideman to create proposal to update ADC VHF log page, clean up
Status Valid meaning, add "leaving state" bit per discussion of 02-257r1.
8. Rod Wideman to create proposal to include sequence diagram in ADC
for state transition table, verify adequate definition of terms.
9. Lee Jesionowski to explore standardization of recommended recovery
procedures (load/unload), possibly associate with state transitions.
10. Rod Wideman to create possible VPD page that describes supported
states and transitions.
11. Everyone to consider providing integration or recovery guides for
their drive to Lee Jesionowski to facilitate identifying standard recovery
12. Paul Suhler to report on how to specify an existing vendor's
connector in a standard.
13. Everyone think about connector selection issue (single connector,
multiple connectors, "superset" connector) and derive position statement.
14. Michael Banther to add Sense(target) back to table in 02-358r1.
15. Paul Entzel to incorporate suggested changes by Michael Banther
(T10/02-351r1) and Paul Suhler (9/30/2002 e-mail) into a new revision of
02-253 and submit to Bob Griswold for inclusion to ADC.
6. Discussion items:
a. New editors All
b. ADC clause 4.2.1, ADI overview 02-392r0 Paul Suhler
c. Device server interaction 02-xxx Michael
d. ADC VHF log page 02-xxx Rod Wideman
e. ADC sequence diagram 02-xxx Rod Wideman
f. ADC recovery procedures 02-xxx Lee
g. Decision on start of frame characters Paul Entzel
h. ADP signals revision 02-358r1 Michael
i. Connector selection approach All
j. Standardizing connectors Paul Suhler
k. Changes to schedule All
7. Unscheduled business:
8. Next meeting requirements: Paul Suhler
9. Review new action items: secretary
10. Adjournment: Group
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10