Remove SAS SMP margin control functions?

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Fri Oct 4 16:08:03 PDT 2002

SAS revision 2 includes a PHY MARGIN CONTROL function and a REPORT PHY
MARGIN SETTINGS function which only offer these fields in addition to
the standard baggage for their function types:
	2 vendor-specific bytes
	4 reserved bytes

Since these are so undefined right now, I suggest we remove them from
SAS-1.  When implementations starting figuring out some useful fields to
standardize, we can do so (e.g. in SAS-2).  If the page turned out to
not be large enough for future needs, we'd end up defining a new page
anyway.

Implementations can experiment using vendor-specific functions in the
interim. 1/4 of the codes are vendor-specific and the frame size is
vendor-specific.

Rob Elliott, elliott at hp.com
Industry Standard Server Storage Advanced Technology
Hewlett-Packard

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org