FCP-2: Lost Write Data, Not Last Frame of Sequence, Unacknowledged classes.

Santosh Rao santoshr at cup.hp.com
Thu Jun 27 10:07:09 PDT 2002

* Santosh Rao <santoshr at cup.hp.com>
*
Howdy Dave,

Thanks for the clarification. For the case of lost write data (class 3),
where the target has the sequence initiative, Section 9.4.1 conflicts
with Section 12.3.5.

Section 9.4.1 must be modified to state that the target must not send a
FCP_RSP when an exchange/sequence error is detected and it holds
sequence initiative. This prevents targets from terminating commands
with any possible sk/asc/ascq CHECK CONDITION which cannot be detected
by the initiator, thereby, preventing the use of SLER.

Is this change possible in FCP-2 ?

Thanks,
Santosh

--
The world is so fast that there are days when the person who says
it can't be done is interrupted by the person who is doing it.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org