XFER_RDY rules

Bill Galloway BillG at breatech.com
Wed Jun 12 19:38:14 PDT 2002

* "Bill Galloway" <BillG at breatech.com>
*
Correct.

Bill Galloway
BREA Technologies, Inc.
P: (281) 530-3063
F: (281) 988-0358
BillG at breatech.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-t10 at t10.org [mailto:owner-t10 at t10.org] On Behalf Of Day,
Brian
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 4:32 PM
To: 't10 at t10.org'
Subject: XFER_RDY rules

* "Day, Brian" <bday at lsil.com>
*

02-169r2 stated that "Target ports shall not send an XFER_RDY IU before
receiving all write data for the previous XFER_RDY IU". How I read that,
this would limit each port to a single outstanding XFER_RDY IU,
regardless of how many outstanding commands there are.

When that got added to sas-r00a (or somewhere along the way), that got
further restricted to "for a given I_T_L_Q".

So for my clarification, the intent really is to allow multiple
outstanding XFER_RDY IUs, just not for a given I_T_L_Q?

Brian Day
LSI Logic Corp.
Colorado Springs, CO

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org