SAS - SATA_ERROR vs STP_ERROR

Fairchild, Steve Steve.Fairchild at hp.com
Wed Jun 12 06:02:23 PDT 2002

* "Fairchild, Steve" <Steve.Fairchild at hp.com>
*
I would think the only reason for a unique SATA_ERROR (or STP_ERROR) is to
cause predictable  behavior with a SATA target connected to the SAS
infrastructure.

Since either ERROR or SATA_ERROR should convert a transient error to a
detectable coding violation error for the recipient, I would opt to just
having one primitive, ERROR.  If anyone is aware of a condition (or SATA
target design) where this is not the case, then we would need to have
another mechanism.

Thanks,

Steve Fairchild
Hewlett-Packard