SAS - 7.13.6.7.1 SSP_T1:Transmit state description

Sriram Srinivasan srirams at lsil.com
Tue Jun 11 09:13:38 PDT 2002

* Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>
*
Rob:

  Is the intent of this paragraph just to say that SOF and EOF envelopes the
contents of a frame and not NECESSARILY mean that SOF shall IMMEDIATELY
precede the first DWORD of the frame and EOF shall IMMEDIATELY succeed the
last DWORD of the frame?

  "On an indication that a SOF/frame/EOF is to be transmitted the transmit
state shall transmit an SOF in the dword before the first dword of the frame
and an EOF in first dword after the last dword of the frame."

  That was part of the reason why I misunderstood your reply to my earlier
e-mail.  Since the primitives do NOT get into the CRC calculations, it
probably does not matter that the CRC is followed by, say, 5 RRDYs and then
the EOF.  As soon as we get to the EOF we can check the CRC calculations.
Right?

  Please advice.

  thank you,
  \Sriram\

	"FORGET NOT THAT THE EARTH DELIGHTS TO FEEL YOUR BARE FEET,
               AND THE WINDS LONG TO PLAY WITH YOUR HAIR"
                                          -Khalil Gibran

 Sriram Srinivasan                       Sriram.Srinivasan at lsil.com
 ASIC Design Engineer, LSI Logic,
 2001 Danfield Ct., 				Phone: 970-206-5847
 Fort Collins, CO 80525				FAX  : 970-206-5244

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org