Two SAS proposal updates and an SPC-3 proposal

Nixon, Bob Bob.Nixon at emulex.com
Mon Jun 3 11:19:56 PDT 2002

* "Nixon, Bob" <Bob.Nixon at Emulex.Com>
*
The SAS OOB specification lacks the clear definition of "idle time" in
electrical terms that SATA has.  In fact, almost all references to "idle" in
SAS define it by the transmission of scrambled random data, which is clearly
not appropriate to the OOB signalling requirement.  To avoid the appearance
of requiring something we definitely don't intend, could we either steal or
reference text similar to that in SATA, 6.7.4.1 Idle bus status? (Although
even SATA does not consistently use this term, sometimes using "idle state",
"idle period", and "idle bus condition" and maybe "inactive" instead.)

Thanks!
   - Bob