SSC-2: obsolete RSMK=0
dap at cisco.com
Wed Jul 31 16:37:06 PDT 2002
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Dave Peterson" <dap at cisco.com>
Due to problems that will be encountered when operating with Report
Setmarks=0 (i.e., no setmarks are reported) in explicit address mode, the
tape group is considering a proposal to make RSMK=0 obsolete (for at least
explicit address mode).
In other words, require RSMK=1 and make it non-changeable.
Basic problem items (for explicit address mode) are:
- how to determine the correct logical block address when RSMK=0
- how to determine the correct residual when RSMK=0
Please respond if you feel that obsoleting RSMK=0 (specifically for explicit
address mode) will be a problem.
Note: the editor believes obsoleting RSMK=0 will make life easier (at least
on the editor) for both explicit and implicit address mode operations.
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10