FCP-2: Figure C17/C19 incorrect.
santoshr at cup.hp.com
Wed Jul 31 19:12:36 PDT 2002
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Santosh Rao <santoshr at cup.hp.com>
We have found an inconsistency between the SLER error recovery described
in Section 126.96.36.199 and the Annexe figures C.17 & C.19 in the FCP-2 Rev
Fig C17/C19 state that on a lost read data, unacknowledged classes, the
ACC for the REC indicates that the target does not hold sequence
initiative and the exchange is "open".
This is incorrect, since the REC ACC will indicate that the target does
not hold sequence initiative and the exchange is *complete*, when
FCP_CONF is not in use. (The target would have sent the FCP_RSP,
following the completion of data phase.)
Fig C17/C19 should be modified to indicate that :
- No FCP_CONF is in use
- the sequence initiative is not held by the target.
- exchange is complete.
- Initiator's "Data Transfer Count" is less than target's "Data Transfer
Count" which is reported in the REC ACC.
Education is when you read the fine print.
Experience is what you get if you don't.
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10