SRP Task Tags

Elliott, Robert (Server Storage) Elliott at hp.com
Sat Jul 6 23:39:39 PDT 2002

An application client requesting a task containing linked commands can only have one command active at a time (see SAM-2 5.1), so there's no confusion about which tag to use to abort the task.

A "task set" is all the tasks outstanding at a time, not the set of linked commands that may comprise a task.  Each task has one only command outstanding at a time; a task set could include a mix of unlinked tasks and linked tasks.

SRP supports linked commands the same as all the other SCSI transport protocols.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org