SRP Task Tags

John Middleton jmiddleton at banderacom.com
Fri Jul 5 12:27:31 PDT 2002

* "John Middleton" <jmiddleton at banderacom.com>
*
Hello,

I'm reviewing task management functions in SRP. I've concluded that the task management requirements are relatively light as compared to the capabilities laid out in SAM-2.  It appears to me that if the LINK bit in a CDB is set, the fact that each SRP request has a unique task tag would essentially disallow linked commands and the construction of task sets.  Therefore, most of the task set capabilities in SAM-2 are not applicable to SRP implementations.

What confuses me is that there are 2 task set functions in Table 19 of the SRP draft. What differentiates the task set functions from the task functions (Abort Task vs Abort Task Set) if task sets cannot be built?

thnkas,

John Middleton

jmiddleton at banderacom.com

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org