FAILED SEGMENT FETAILS service action for RECEIVE COPY RESULTS command

Ralph Weber ralphoweber at compuserve.com
Thu Jan 31 14:23:11 PST 2002

* Ralph Weber <ralphoweber at compuserve.com>
*
> Can someone explain what is returned for sense data in the parameter
> data for the FAILED SEGMENT DETAILS service action of the RECEIVE COPY
> RESULTS command (SPC-2, rev 20, Table 92 on page 125)?
>
> My guess is that it is the same data that is returned in the request
> sense data for the EXTENDED COPY command that returned the check
> condition.

Yes, it is the same sense data that was returned when the EXTENDED
COPY command was terminated with a CHECK CONDITION status.

The reason that the same sense data appears in two places is
that some EXTENDED COPY applications developers were experiencing
problems with HBAs, or port drivers, or something that truncated
the CHECK CONDITION copy of the sense data.

Hope this helps.

Ralph...

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org