binary incompatible DirectAccess Scsi
LAVARRE at iomega.com
Thu Feb 28 15:19:13 PST 2002
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* "Pat LaVarre" <LAVARRE at iomega.com>
Is there anybody here who can easily share ...
... a concise list of the binary incompatibilities of Scsi for peripheralDeviceType = x00 DirectAccess?
By a "binary incompatibility" I mean when the bit-identical Cdb is supported by two flavours of Scsi but actually means something different.
Versus classic Scsi-2, I think I remember the Sff flavour of Scsi most significantly:
1) Changed x2B Seek to be Immediate.
2) Suppressed x5A ModeSense10 block descriptors by default.
3) Zeroed the op x12 Inquiry bytes[x02] Scsi version.
Now lately I've been reminded that the Rbc flavour of Scsi most significantly:
1) Changed the op x12 Inquiry byte[x00] & x1F peripheralDeviceType = x0E Rbc DirectAccess.
Anybody wanna complete this Rbc list for me?
And/or extend the Sff list?
Specifically I've heard ModeSense is again evil in Rbc, as it was in Sff.
Thanks in advance. Pat LaVarre
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10