Scsi over whatever

Pat LaVarre LAVARRE at iomega.com
Wed Feb 20 08:45:14 PST 2002

* "Pat LaVarre" <LAVARRE at iomega.com>
*
Hi.

I was pleased to notice recently that <http://www.t10.org/drafts.htm> gives a pretty good summary of how to connect low end mass storage.  I see placed together both links to the official standards available for purchase and also links to the more public final drafts.  I see there now not only Scsi-2 but also 1394 Sbp-2 and so on.

Two questions:

Q1) Would it be a Good Thing to add, analogous to 1394 Sbp-2, a trail of links leading to Scsi over Ide?  How about:

Technical Committee T13 AT Attachment
<http://www.t13.org/>

Project 1410D AT Attachment - 5 with Packet Interface
http://www.t13.org/project/d1321r3.pdf

The above link retrieves the final T13 committee draft. Please contact ANSI (Usa 212 642-4900) and ask for NCITS 340-2000 to purchase the official standard or technical report.

Proposed Ata/pi 5 errata: <http://www.t13.org/project/e01122r0.pdf>

Project 1532D AT Attachment - 6 with Packet Interface
http://www.t13.org/project/d1410r3a.pdf

Q2) Would it be a Good Thing to add, analogous to 1394 Sbp-2, a trail of links leading to Scsi over Usb?  (These have the further advantage of leading to freely distributed, yet still maximally official, public standards.)  How about:

USB (Universal Serial Bus, anagram for BUS)
<http://www.usb.org>

Approved Class Specifications
<http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs.html#approved>

Mass Storage Overview 1.1
http://www.usb.org/developers/data/devclass/usbmassover_11.pdf

Mass Storage Bulk Only 1.0
http://www.usb.org/developers/data/devclass/usbmassbulk_10.pdf

Just curious, hope that's ok.    Pat LaVarre

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org