Standard message sets for processor devices

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Sun Feb 10 11:42:22 PST 2002

At 03:16 PM 2/9/2002 -0600, Ralph Weber wrote:

>It sounds to me like you are asking T10 to assign a VERSION DESCRIPTOR
>coded value (see table 56 in SPC-3 r03) to one
>or more non-T10 documents.

Sort of ...

Table 56 would not reference any particular documents; instead, the new
VERSION DESCRIPTOR code would describe the contents of the version
descriptor as an EUI-48 that would in turn reference a document. The
document would be available from the company or organization identified by
the 24-bit OUI portion of the EUI-48.

>There is precedent for this and I believe that there would be few
>objections in CAP or the plenary to a written request
>to do such a thing.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.