[T10]Reset of a SCSI Target device

Spalding, AlanC Alan_Spalding at adaptec.com
Thu Dec 5 21:00:25 PST 2002

* "Spalding, AlanC" <Alan_Spalding at adaptec.com>
*
Hi Laurent,

You should be maintaining Unit Attention state for each LUN in your target
(see SAM-2 rev 23 page 73 5.8.5 unit attention condition for details).

Basically you should be generating a Check Condition Status (02h) and
preparing Sense Data with a sense key value of 06h - unit attention, ASC
value of 29h, ASCQ value 00h (see SPC-3 spec for ASC/ASCQ values - table
B.1, and Request Sense data information including sense key). The initiator
will issue a Request Sense command on receipt of the Check Condition status.
The initiator will perform negotiation on the 1st data transfer request
after receiving a Check Condition status. This next command will most likely
be a Request Sense command. The initiator may also renegotiate on a
subsequent command after the Request Sense.

However, certain commands are excluded from returning check condition status
on unit attention state (e.g. Inquiry and Report Luns). The SAM-2 section
mentioned above has all the details. Note also that this unit attention
state is held by your target for each initiator.

Cheers
alan

Alan C. Spalding
Intra-site work phone # 864-8369