Three CAP proposals posted

Elliott, Robert Robert.Elliott at COMPAQ.com
Tue Apr 16 19:51:44 PDT 2002

* "Elliott, Robert" <Robert.Elliott at COMPAQ.com>
*
These CAP proposals have been posted to the T10 web site:

02-134r0 SAM-2 SPC-3 SBC-2 SSC-2 Clearing effects of I_T nexus loss
(36 pages)
Brings the "logout" concept (now called "I_T nexus loss") into the architecture model and command sets, removing the need for long clearing effects tables in the protocol standards.

I'd like to vote on this for inclusion in SPC-3, SBC-2, and SSC-2 at the upcoming CAP meeting, so SSC-2 and SRP can complete letter ballot and iSCSI can confidently leave out its clearing effects table.  We can discuss whether the architecture changes need to go into SAM-2 or can wait for SAM-3 (and how much more extensive they should be).

02-144r0 SPC-3 Informational exceptions, linked commands, and CONDITION MET
(2 pages)
Restricts reporting informational exceptions to commands that would have had GOOD status, not commands without errors.  The latter leaves an opening for linked commands (INTERMEDIATE status) and unusual commands (CONDITION MET status) to be disrupted.

02-145r0 SPC-3 AERC clarification
(1 page)
Rewords the Inquiry asynchronous event reporting capability (AERC) bit description to clarify that it's for processor devices accepting SEND commands, nothing more.

(per an earlier email thread on the T10 reflector)

---
Rob Elliott, Compaq? Server Storage
Robert.Elliott at compaq.com

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org