Any issues with 4k block size on SCSI Disks?

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Fri Sep 28 08:48:06 PDT 2001

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
The IDEMA group has asked T10 if there are any SCSI standards issues with
supporting 4k byte block sizes on disk drives.  I do not know of any, but I
think it prudent to ask on the T10 reflector.

I already know that many operating systems and the PC BIOS have issues.  This
was not the question directed to us, however.  If you know of any 4k byte
block size issues in SCSI standards, please reply directly to me.  I will
summarize the responses I receive and post them to the reflector.

Thanks!
John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
Colo Spgs, CO 80907