iscsi : default iscsi mode page settings.

James Smart james.smart at trebia.com
Sun Sep 23 17:58:11 PDT 2001

* James Smart <james.smart at trebia.com>
*
In my mind, this completely illustrates why there should be a clean division
between SCSI device server parameters and transport parameters. Transport
controls should be controlled via the transport - by a transport mechanism, with
the SCSI Device completely unware of the transport (yes, I'm a layering purist).
I've always completely disliked the notion that you had to fully come up on the
transport to send a SCSI command to obtain/change transport information. The
tightly integrated implementations (transport + scsi) may have succeeded earlier
in this argument (especially for FCP and PLDA), but in the end, it breaks down
horrendously as the more complex environments are put together (such as
multi-initiator (aka SAN) environments), or hardware is moved from one
configuration to another (and heaven forbid you can't communicate at the
transport level due to a saved parameter, thus you can't send the scsi command
to change the parameter!).

-- James

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org