SRP task management function codes

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Mon May 21 18:16:39 PDT 2001

* Peter Johansson <PJohansson at ACM.org>
*
At 01:51 PM 5/21/01, Elliott, Robert wrote:

>SRP revision 4 includes an editor's note about Table 16 on page 30, the
>list of task management functions.  Why is this table using bitwise
>assignment? SPI-4 did it this way, but FCP-2 and iSCSI just treat it as an
>encoded field.

Not to mention SBP-2, which also saw no particular virtue in bit-wise
encoding of task management functions ...

Unless there's a strong reason for bit-wise usage, I think it's more
prudent (keeps more values reserved for future use) to treat the field as
an unsigned number.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.