Comment resolution on SPC-2

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Wed Jun 27 18:50:12 PDT 2001

* Peter Johansson <PJohansson at ACM.org>
*
At 08:06 PM 6/27/2001, Ralph Weber wrote:

>If ISO reference numbers cannot be supplied, the proposed target
>descriptor format will have to be removed from the ISO version of SPC-2.

Ralph, I believe that ISO reference numbers are not a requirement but a
strong preference. I suggest that we investigate in greater depth; Gary
Robinson may be able to assist. I think it likely that references to IEEE
standards are grudgingly accepted.

By the way, IEEE 1394 is in the process of international standardization
and may be approved by the time SPC-2 reaches the desk of an ISO/IEC editor.

In any case, I don't believe this has a bearing on the matter at hand, a
draft American National Standard. We may address the particulars of
internationalization later.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.