OS considerations for SRP on IB

Rob Haydt robhay at windows.microsoft.com
Wed Jun 13 20:29:55 PDT 2001

* "Rob Haydt" <robhay at windows.microsoft.com>
*
I've submitted document T10/01-189r0 with my ramblings about supporting
SRP implementations on IB. Most of the issues are
management/configuration oriented. I am concerned about supporting the
multihosting nature of IB and using SRP as a bridge to multiple storage
technologies.

It is not a formal proposal. I'm making some high level suggestions so
that people understand the issues but the suggestions themselves are far
less important than addressing the issues they illustrate. Although I'm
willing to epand the document, I expect its substance would eventually
be covered in the IB Annex for SRP.

-rob
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org