Problems w/ MAM proposal

Ralph Weber ralphoweber at compuserve.com
Sat Dec 29 16:45:06 PST 2001

* Ralph Weber <ralphoweber at compuserve.com>
*
I have run into a few problems while incorporating 99-148r7
(the MAM proposal).

 ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/document.99/99-148r7.pdf

Problem 1
---------

ASC/ASCQ

09h/10h LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, AUXILIARY MEMORY NOT ACCESSIBLE

should be

04h/10h LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, AUXILIARY MEMORY NOT ACCESSIBLE

Problem 2
---------

I believe the references to ISO/IEC 10646 are incorrect.
There is no ISO/IEC 10646, only ISO/IEC 10646-1 and ISO/IEC 10646-2.
Is anyone in a position to check the following two descriptions
against the actual ISO/IEC standards:

   ISO/IEC 10646 (Unicode)
   ISO/IEC 10646-1, Amendment no. 2 (UTF-8)

Should the following changes be made?

   From              To
   ISO/IEC 10646     ISO/IEC 10646-1
   ISO/IEC 10646-1   ISO/IEC 10646-2

Problem 3
---------

The WRITE ATTRIBUTE command includes a PARAMETER DATA LENGTH
field in the parameter data that duplicates the function of
the PARAMETER LIST LENGTH field in the CDB.

In most cases, bytes occupied by the PARAMETER DATA LENGTH
field in the parameter data would be marked Reserved. I
have left the bytes as defined by the proposal. Since there
was no description of the field in the proposal, I have
made the field's contents a recommendation (should) and
suggested (should) that the device server ignore them.

Problem 4
---------

The VOLUME USER TEXT LABEL attribute has no assigned Attribute ID
or format. I have removed the VOLUME USER TEXT LABEL attribute.
The removal will be temporary until SPC-3 r03 is published,
around 9 January. If no recommendation regarding an Attribute ID
and format for VOLUME USER TEXT LABEL is received in time for
SPC-3 r03 publication, the removal will be permanent until a
written proposal is approved by T10.

Thanks.

Ralph...

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org