00-269r1 -- CDB Structure Rewrite

Gene.Milligan at seagate.com Gene.Milligan at seagate.com
Fri Oct 20 19:25:38 PDT 2000

* Gene.Milligan at seagate.com
*

I do not know if I have already replied to this note but:

In principal I agree with this resolution to the comment. But I am not sure
what impact it has on other command documents that have already used the
variable length CDB. In the case of OSD there seems to be a significant
desire to use encryption. However that is not necessarilly an objection to
the comment resolution since there has been objections raised that a single
byte was not adequate to specify encryption information.

Gene

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org