Bidirectional transfers in SPI-4

Sriram Srinivasan srirams at lsil.com
Mon Oct 23 09:07:10 PDT 2000

* Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>
*
   The closest thing that I could find was in the paragraph in the PPR
message where it describes the IU_REQ bit.  It says:

   "If the IU_REQ bit is changed from the previous agreement (i.e. zero
to one or one to zero) as a result of a negotiation the target shall go
to a BUS FREE phase on completion of the negotiation"

   Nothing says, the target has to scrap all the commands received from
that initiator!

   regards,
   Sriram

~
~ * From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
~ * Mark.Heath at seagate.com
~ *
~ Bill Galloway wrote:
~
~ > I can not find it in spi-4 right now but all commands were supposed
to be
~ > blown away if you change the IU_REQ bit.  If you sent the command
out with a
~ > command IU and drop out of packetized then the target cannot
describe the
~ > 16-bit tag and 64-bit lun on the reconnection.
~
~ It certainly makes sense that this is how things ought to work, but I
too
~ am uable to find this "abort all tasks on IU_REQ change" requirement
~ described in either SPI-3 or SPI-4.  Can someone point me to the
correct
~ place in the standard?
~
~ Thanks,
~
~ Mark Heath
~ Seagate Technology
~
~ *
~ * For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
~ * 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
~

	"FORGET NOT THAT THE EARTH DELIGHTS TO FEEL YOUR BARE FEET,
               AND THE WINDS LONG TO PLAY WITH YOUR HAIR"
                                          -Khalil Gibran

 Sriram Srinivasan                       Sriram.Srinivasan at lsil.com
 ASIC Design Engineer, LSI Logic,
 2001 Danfield Ct., 				Phone: 970-206-5847
 Fort Collins, CO 80525				FAX  : 970-206-5244

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org