the word "after" in SPI

George_Penokie/Tivoli_Systems%TIVOLI_SYSTEMS at us.ibm.com George_Penokie/Tivoli_Systems%TIVOLI_SYSTEMS at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 17 11:36:08 PDT 2000

* George_Penokie/Tivoli_Systems%TIVOLI_SYSTEMS at us.ibm.com
*
Sriram,
The definition of after in the standard is the same as it is in Webster's
dictionary I quote:

following in time or place;
subsequent to in time or order;
subsequently to the time when;
later in time;

I don't know what could be clearer than that. As I see it there is no
difference between 'immediately after' and 'after' as there is no
difference between 1 nsec after and 10 hours after both happen after the
event and that is all that is important.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gpenokie at tivoli.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>@t10.org on 10/17/2000 11:45:29 AM

Please respond to Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>

Sent by:  owner-t10 at t10.org