section 10.8.3.3.3 & 10.8.3.3.4

Sriram Srinivasan srirams at lsil.com
Fri Oct 13 09:12:23 PDT 2000

* Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>
*
George:

   Looks fine ... except that we are now MANDATING the target to break
the sequence of commands to send out this SPI L_Q/status IU pair for the
failed command IU and thus cannot receive any more commands.  From the
initiator's point of view does he care if "CHECK CONDITION w/ ABORT
COMMAND and iuCRC ERROR DETECTED" is received in the same connection
or before data starts for that command or after some data is
transferred?  He is just going to scrap it off and probably reissue the
command; right?  So why MANDATE the target to send the CHECK CONDITION
and break the stream of commands when he can receive more?  Does the
same argument apply to sending CHECK CONDITION for failed DATA IUs
too?!?, i.e. can the target have the flexibility of sending CHECK
CONDITION on a later bus connection.

   Regards,
   Sriram

~
~ * From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
~ * George_Penokie at tivoli.com
~ *
~ Sriraim,
~ After further consideration I agree the paragraph in section
10.8.3.3.4
~ does not state the intended error condition and response clearly. I
will
~ recommend the following two paragraphs replace the current paragraph
as an
~ editorial change in rev 2 to make it clear as to the original intent
of the
~ paragraph:
~
~ If the nexus has been fully identified (i.e., an I_T_L_Q nexus has
been
~ established) and the target detects an iuCRC error in any SPI command
~ information unit it receives while in the DT DATA OUT phase the target
~ shall, before receiving another SPI L_Q information unit, switch to a
DT
~ DATA IN phase and send a SPI L_Q/SPI status information unit pair to
the
~ initiator with a CHECK CONDITION status and a sense key set to ABORTED
~ COMMAND and the additional sense code set to iuCRC ERROR DETECTED for
the
~ task associated with the iuCRC error.
~
~ If  the  nexus  has  been fully identified (i.e., an I_T_L_Q nexus has
been
~ established)  and  the  target  detects  an  iuCRC  error  in  any SPI
data
~ information  unit  or SPI data stream information unit it receives
while in
~ the  DT  DATA  OUT  phase  the target shall, before sending another
SPI L_Q
~ information  unit,  switch  to  a  DT  DATA IN phase and send a SPI
L_Q/SPI
~ status information unit pair to the initiator with a CHECK CONDITION
status
~ and a sense key set to ABORTED COMMAND and the additional sense code
set to
~ iuCRC ERROR DETECTED for the task associated with the iuCRC error.
~
~
~
~
~ Bye for now,
~ George Penokie
~
~ Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
~ E-Mail:    gpenokie at tivoli.com
~ Internal:  553-5208
~ External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880
~
~ *
~ * For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
~ * 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
~

	"FORGET NOT THAT THE EARTH DELIGHTS TO FEEL YOUR BARE FEET,
               AND THE WINDS LONG TO PLAY WITH YOUR HAIR"
                                          -Khalil Gibran

 Sriram Srinivasan                       Sriram.Srinivasan at lsil.com
 ASIC Design Engineer, LSI Logic,
 2001 Danfield Ct., 				Phone: 970-206-5847
 Fort Collins, CO 80525				FAX  : 970-206-5244

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org