section 10.8.3.3.3 & 10.8.3.3.4

George_Penokie at tivoli.com George_Penokie at tivoli.com
Fri Oct 13 06:39:27 PDT 2000

* George_Penokie at tivoli.com
*
Sriraim,
After further consideration I agree the paragraph in section 10.8.3.3.4
does not state the intended error condition and response clearly. I will
recommend the following two paragraphs replace the current paragraph as an
editorial change in rev 2 to make it clear as to the original intent of the
paragraph:

If the nexus has been fully identified (i.e., an I_T_L_Q nexus has been
established) and the target detects an iuCRC error in any SPI command
information unit it receives while in the DT DATA OUT phase the target
shall, before receiving another SPI L_Q information unit, switch to a DT
DATA IN phase and send a SPI L_Q/SPI status information unit pair to the
initiator with a CHECK CONDITION status and a sense key set to ABORTED
COMMAND and the additional sense code set to iuCRC ERROR DETECTED for the
task associated with the iuCRC error.

If  the  nexus  has  been fully identified (i.e., an I_T_L_Q nexus has been
established)  and  the  target  detects  an  iuCRC  error  in  any SPI data
information  unit  or SPI data stream information unit it receives while in
the  DT  DATA  OUT  phase  the target shall, before sending another SPI L_Q
information  unit,  switch  to  a  DT  DATA IN phase and send a SPI L_Q/SPI
status information unit pair to the initiator with a CHECK CONDITION status
and a sense key set to ABORTED COMMAND and the additional sense code set to
iuCRC ERROR DETECTED for the task associated with the iuCRC error.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gpenokie at tivoli.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org