SPI-4 rev 1 'editors version'

George_Penokie/Tivoli_Systems%TIVOLI_SYSTEMS at us.ibm.com George_Penokie/Tivoli_Systems%TIVOLI_SYSTEMS at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 11 12:49:11 PDT 2000

* George_Penokie/Tivoli_Systems%TIVOLI_SYSTEMS at us.ibm.com
*
Sriram,
I do not remember the details but the working group rejected that sepcific
change.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gpenokie at tivoli.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>@t10.org on 10/11/2000 11:53:11 AM

Please respond to Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>

Sent by:  owner-t10 at t10.org

To:   George Penokie/Tivoli Systems at Tivoli Systems
cc:   t10 at t10.org
Subject:  Re: SPI-4 rev 1 'editors version'

* Sriram Srinivasan <srirams at lsil.com>
*
George:

   I see that information from 00-335r1 has been added in 00-378r0 (SPI-4
rev1 proposal).  Why did changing the words in para. 2 of section
10.8.3.3.4 from:

   "before receiving another SPI L_Q information unit"

   to:

   "before receiving another SPI information unit"

   get dropped in 00-335r1?  It was present in 00-335r0.

   The reason u need this change is this:  with the current wordings, it
ONLY talks about "before RECEIVING another SPI L_Q" and only covers
command transfers because that is the ONLY time the targer RECEIVES SPI
L_Q IUs!  What is the target supposed to do if it detects an iuCRC error
in a data packet that it receives during a SCSI write?  In this case,
the TARGET is SENDING SPI L_Q IUs to the initiator NOT RECEIVING it!

   Also information in 10.8.3.3.3 and 10.8.3.3.4 do not address error
handling for data stream IUs.  I can see that information in g) under
section 12.2 (ATN condition), para 2 in 10.8.3.3.3 and para 10 in 14.3.4
(where it mentions what to do when offset if greater than the SPI data
stream IU size) in 00-378r0 are in conflict for error handling during
read streaming.

   Please clarify.

   thanQ,
   Sriram

~
~ * From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
~ * gop at us.ibm.com
~ *
~ A proposed revision 1 of SPI-4 has been posted on the t10 web site but
~ don't look for it in the drafts section. It is document number
00-378r0
~ titled 'Proposed content for SPI-4 rev 1'. This proposal is what the
editor
~ recommends become SPI-4 rev 1 but because it contains some technical
~ content that was not accepted by the T10 committee it cannot be
published
~ as an official rev 1. For a list of that technical content look in the
~ revision 1 section at items p, q, and r.
~
~
~ Bye for now,
~ George Penokie
~
~ Dept 2C6  114-2 N212
~ E-Mail:    gpenokie at tivoli.com
~ Internal:  553-5208
~ External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880
~
~
~ *
~ * For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
~ * 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
~

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org