Posting of 00-229r0 - Task Aborted Status proposal

Binford, Charles cbinford at lsil.com
Wed May 3 15:52:58 PDT 2000

* "Binford, Charles" <charles.binford at lsil.com>

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFB552.544A8E82

I've just submitted a document for the May T10 meetings.  John should be
getting 00-229r0.pdf up on the server within the next day.

The last couple of meeting cycles I've been pushing a proposal to
introduce a new status of 'Command Cleared'.  This time I have suggested
text for SAM-2 and SPC-2 (instead of just a PowerPoint presentation).

In going through specific text changes for SAM-2 I've decided to rename
the new status from 'Command Cleared' to 'Task Aborted'.  I've also made
a few other changes since the last time I presented at T10.  For
example, it seemed to much more consistent to apply this to all task
abort events instead of just selecting a few task management functions
as I had originally proposed.

Feedback now or during T10 week is welcome.

Charles Binford
LSI Logic Storage Systems
(316) 636-8566

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFB552.544A8E82

 Posting of 00-229r0 - Task Aborted Status proposal I've just submitted a document for the = May T10 meetings.  John should be getting 00-229r0.pdf up on the = server within the next day. The last couple of meeting cycles I've = been pushing a proposal to introduce a new status of 'Command = Cleared'.  This time I have suggested text for SAM-2 and SPC-2 = (instead of just a PowerPoint presentation).  In going through specific text changes = for SAM-2 I've decided to rename the new status from 'Command Cleared' = to 'Task Aborted'.  I've also made a few other changes since the = last time I presented at T10.  For example, it seemed to much more = consistent to apply this to all task abort events instead of just = selecting a few task management functions as I had originally = proposed.  Feedback now or during T10 week is = welcome.
Charles Binford
LSI Logic Storage Systems
(316) 636-8566
------_=_NextPart_001_01BFB552.544A8E82--