data order for Read CD

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Thu Jun 15 20:16:58 PDT 2000

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*

Hello J?g,

Could you get the answer from anyone already? It is written in the
following document.

1: www.t10.org/document.99/99-121r0.pdf
2: ftp.wd.wdc.com/sff/spec/inf-8090.pdf
3: ftp.avc-pioneer.com/Mtfuji4/Spec/fuji4r10.pdf

Please refer to "Figure - READ CD DATA Stream Order".

The doc1 is rev.3.6 fuji docuemnt. It was one of the base document of MMC2.
The doc2 & 3 are same document. It is one of the base document for MMC3
discussion.

To Bill chairman of MMC3, would you please post the 99-121r1.pdf to NCITS?
I put it in  ftp.avc.pioneer.com/Mtfuji4/Report/MMC3/99-121r1.pdf.

Best Regards.
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.

to:   schilling at fokus.gmd.de, t10 at t10.org
subject:  data order for Read CD

* schilling at fokus.gmd.de
*
Hi,

I am not sure if I am just some sort of "blind" or if there
is really no hint on this in the MMC document.

The READ CD command (MMC) allows you to specify what kind of
data is returnd. You may basically select from:

-    Main channel data

-    Subchannel data

-    C2 error pointers

What is the expected order of the data if I select to read all three?

     MAIN / SUB / C2
or
     MAIN / C2 / SUB

Or is there really no order defined?