SBP-2 Study Group

Peter Johansson PJohansson at acm.org
Thu Aug 3 15:27:00 PDT 2000

* Peter Johansson <PJohansson at ACM.org>
*
At 04:07 PM 8/3/00, BERKEMA,ALAN C (HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:

>The biggest criticism I always get about SBP-2 is that it is Master/Slave
>(Initiator/Target) in a world where many appliances might prefer to
>operate peer to peer. I realize that for SBP-2 this also has many advantages.
>
>Any chance of discussing alternative ways to address this issue? Besides
>just saying that a device support both roles.

Yes, especially if someone brings a proposal ... even the seed of a
proposal. If it's just grousing about the way things are without
suggestions for change, well, we can do that, too---but only as time
permits at the end of the meeting.

By the way, if you plan to come, Alan, do you have a preference for
Wednesday or Friday? RSVP to me, only.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.