Latest Media Auxilary Memory Access Specification

Keith Wolfe wolfe at intellistor.com
Wed Oct 27 15:38:59 PDT 1999

* Keith Wolfe <wolfe at intellistor.com>
*
JERMAN,STEVE (HP-Boise,ex1) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The latest MAM Access proposal is now on the T10 web site ready for
> discussion at the next SCSI Working Group meeting in Monterey.
>
> ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/document.99/99-148r3.pdf
>
> If anyone has comments before the meeting, I will be happy to take them.
>
> Regards
> Steve Jerman, HP
> (208) 396 5618

Steve,

Issue #10 in my previous email got cut off.  Here's the complete wording:

10) Page 6, last paragraph: If one device server in a target supports the
    SSC command set and a second device server in the same target supports
    the SMC command set, then I presume the element addresses can differ
between
    the two device servers?  For example, the SSC based device server would

    have access to at most only one Storage Element at any given time, i.e
the
    cartridge currently loaded, but the SMC based device server would most
    likely have access to many Storage Elements.

Thanks,
Keith

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org