Questions about RESERVATION CONFLICT

hafner at almaden.ibm.com hafner at almaden.ibm.com
Thu Oct 21 10:08:26 PDT 1999

* hafner at almaden.ibm.com
*

Greetings,
Can anyone shed light on the following questions/comments?

1) Why does MODE SENSE encounter a RESERVATION CONFLICT from the non-reservation
holding initiator?   I would have thought that this is simply a "question" and
not a "directive", on
a par with INQUIRY and so should not be blocked.
2) Why is SET LIMITS (for SBC) not subject to RESERVATION CONFLICT?  I would
think
that this would cause a conflict since any subsequent command within the SET
LIMITS
link set will fail with RESERVATION CONFLICT.

Thanks,
Jim Hafner
hafner at almaden.ibm.com
408-927-1892, fax: 408-927-4182