REC, S_ID in payload

Dale LaFollette dale_lafollette at stortek.com
Tue Oct 12 11:05:10 PDT 1999

* Dale LaFollette <dale_lafollette at stortek.com>
*
Hi Bob,

It has been brought to my attention that reserving the S_ID field
in the REC payload because it is redundant to the S_ID of the
frame header is not always correct.

It is my understanding that the S_ID field in the payload is the
ID of the "Exchange originator". Thus if the Target sends a REC
while waiting for a confirm, the frame header S_ID and the payload
S_ID would be different.

I would suggest that the field remain as currently defined.

Regards,
Dale L.
Dale C. LaFollette              mailto:dale_lafollette at stortek.com
Advisory Development Engineer   Phone: (303) 673-8791
Storage Technology Corporation  Pager: (888) 996-9681
One StorageTek Drive            Fax:   (303) 673-2568
Louisville, CO 80028-4223       http://www.storagetek.com
Alpha Pager mailto:9969681 at skytel.com <500 characters max>
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org