Discussion of tape alert behavior for SSC

Bob Snively bob.snively at ebay.sun.com
Mon May 24 09:40:40 PDT 1999

* Bob Snively <bob.snively at ebay.sun.com>
*

Stephen,

The minimum number of initiators supported is an implementation choice,
typically expressed by a profile or a vendor specification.  In particular,
16 initiators are typically specified today.  These values are also required
for sizing persistent reservation tables and login information tables.

In the near future, I expect the numbers to increase quite a bit.

As a result, it should only be necessary to specify what is done for
each initiator, then let the implementors, profile writers, and market
place define how many are actually supported.

Bob

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com